Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spinach-Chicken Bake

I'm going to give the the rcipe as it was given to me.  Unless I made this for a big crowd, I would have to cut this down to only 2 chicken breast halves.  I will put out to the side what I plan to do in cutting the recipe.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs (1/4 cup)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese       (1 T.)
12 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (2)
1/2 cup sliced green onions               (1 T.)
2 Tablespoons butter                        (1 T)
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour        (1T)
1 cup milk                                         (1/2 cup)
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach (1/2 package)
1 4-ounce package boiled ham slices, chopped (1 slice)
Directions:
1. In a shallow dish combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Lightly coat chicken pieces with some of the crumb mixture. Arrange in a 3-quart retangular baking dish. Reserve te remaining crumb mixture.
2. In a large saucepan cook green onions in butter untl tender. Stir in flour. Add milk all at once. Cook and wisk until thickened and bubbly. Cook and wisk for 1 min. more. Stir in spinach and ham.
3. Spoon spinach mixture over chicken; sprinkle with the remaining crum mixture. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 min.( I will probably check mine after 35 min.) or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees)

No comments: