Friday, March 4, 2016

Roasted Salmon

Ina Garten made this for a baby shower. She served it on a platter with green beans and potatoes, and she served the salmon cold.  I served it hot. You can find her recipe Here
I bought two 4 oz. sockeye salmon fillets in a pan in which you can bake them. That way you just toss the pan after cooking.












Ingredients:

2 lemons, zested and juiced
1/8 cup Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 teaspoon Kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 skin-on salmon fillets (I like sockeye salmon, but feel free to substitute what you like)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour this over the fillets and bake for 15-20 minutes. I forgot to add the salt and pepper, so I added it to the top of the mustard sauce. The black you see are cracked peppercorns. I had a little marinade left so I served it with the salmon at dinner. 

No comments: