Friday, March 25, 2016

Cinnamon Apple Dutch Pancake

A friend posted a similar pancake on Facebook, but you can't save it unless you share.  I went on Pinterest and typed in Apple pancake and found this one:  Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby Pancake It is really good. I could have eaten the WHOLE thing, but I only allowed myself 1/4. I get 10 points for being disciplined. I saved this under breakfast, but it was be great for dessert or dinner.



Printable Version
Ingredients:
4 tablespoons butter
3 medium size Gala apples, sliced thinly--I only used one, and it was a Jazz 
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
4 eggs
Cinnamon Topping
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Place butter into a 12" cast iron skillet and melt butter
Place apples into the skillet with the butter and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, to soften the apples.
Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk and eggs in a separate bowl.
Pour pancake mixture over the apples and bake for 20-25 minutes. It will be golden brown, puffed, and OH SO GOOD! I sprinkled with powdered sugar.  Jud added some syrup, but it didn't need a thing.

No comments: