Thursday, June 4, 2015

Adams Best Creme Filled Birthday Cupcakes

I found this in the Express News and you can find it Here
The only thing that I had problems with was the butter in the cupcake mixture. I think if I had creamed the butter first then added the eggs, buttermilk, coffee, and vanilla, I would have had better luck.  Jud said these were the best cupcakes I have ever made, so I guess the butter didn't make that big a difference.



Ingredients for cupcakes:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar ( I used a 1 1/2 cups)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cocoa
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup butter or shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup brewed coffee, cooled

Ingredients for Filling and Icing:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted, divided use
4-5 tablespoons milk

For cupcakes: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Fill muffin or cupcake tins with 24 paper or foil liners.
Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa together. In another large bowl, cream butter, eggs, buttermilk, coffee, and vanilla. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix on low until well combined. Pour into cupcake tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
For Filling and Icing: Cream butter, salt and vanilla. Add 2 cups of the powdered sugar. Add remaining sugar with enough milk to make a smooth icing. Fill a piping bag with 1/2 or the icing. Stick tip of bag into cupcakes and fill. Ice and decorate top of cupcakes with remaining icing. I put all the icing in the piping bag and iced the top in circles.

Per serving: 270 calories

No comments: