Friday, June 26, 2015

Chicken Casserole

Laurie, Jud's sister, has made this casserole for us a few times, but this is the first time I have made it.  My mom once told me that I should keep a recipe file so I wouldn't forget to make something. This is a perfect case in point. I was looking through my file looking for something I could make with left-over chicken. This was perfect. I will type the recipe as Laurie gave it to me, and put my changes in italics. This is not the prettiest casserole, but YUM! and EASY! I cut this recipe in 1/2 for Jud and me.

Ingredients: 
4 chicken breasts - boiled and cut in chunks--I used 1/2 of a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
1 can cream of chicken soup - I didn't have this so instead of going to the grocery store, I made a white sauce and put a chicken bullion in the sauce
1 (8oz.) sour cream
1 sleeve of crushed Ritz crackers
1 stick melted butter
Poppy seeds- optional
Method:
Place the chunks of chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish.  Mix Cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Pour over the chicken. Crush the Ritz crackers and sprinkle on top of the soup mixture.  Pour butter over the Ritz crackers.  Sprinkle with poppy seeds if you so desire.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

No comments: