Friday, May 29, 2015

Mexican Lasagna

Another recipe that in my folder that I do not know who to give credit. It is a really good recipe.  I cut this recipe in 1/2.







Ingredients:
1 1/2 - 2 pounds ground beef
2 cans enchilada sauce (I used green enchilada sauce, but the red would be equally good)
1 can chopped tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel) I did not use this because I only made 1 pound g. beef
6 no bake lasagna noodles (3 for each layer in a 12" X 9" baking dish)
1-2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
salt, pepper, ground cumin, garlic salt
Method:
Brown meat, drain and add salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic salt. Mix in beans (I used 1/2 a can for 1 pound of ground beef) and enchilada sauce. Simmer just until warmed. Ladle just enough meat sauce to cover the bottom of a 12" X 9" pan for whole recipe. ( I used an 8" X 8" baking dish).

Lay 3 lasagna noodles on sauce. Dollop sour cream on noodles and spread lengthwise. Repeat layers with meat, noodles, and sour cream. Top layer should be meat sauce. Cover with foil and bake 30 - 45 minutes (until noodles are soft) then remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 10 minutes.

No comments: