Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Creamy Pico de Gallo Shrimp

I got this recipe from Becky Upchurch. She found it in the May 2012 issue of Express News. Can't believe I am just now trying it.  It will be my go to shrimp dish. I used a serano pepper that we got from a friend. Thanks Bill and Becky. I cut this recipe in 1/2.





Printable Version
Ingredients:
12 large wild-caught (16-20 count) shrimp--cleaned (I used about 8 because I was just making it for 2)
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup purple onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced
2 Tablespoons dry white wine
1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
1 Tablespoon cilantro, diced
1/2 cup heavy cream
Juice and zest of 1 lime
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
In a hot pan, melt butter and sear shrimp for 30 seconds on each side. Remove shrimp and set aside. In same pan, saute' onion, garlic, jalapeno until onion becomes soft. 4 minutes. Deglaze pan with wine. Let wine reduce by 1/2. Add tomato, cilantro, cream, lime zest, juice of lime, salt pepper and shrimp. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly. Taste for seasoning. Serve over rice.

No comments: