Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Angel Biscuits

I have had this recipe for a very long time. It is pretty easy to find on the internet so I'm not sure where it originated. I love this recipe, because when I want to have homemade bread and don't have time to let bread rise, this is the way to go.  I didn't have buttermilk, so I just used the milk I had (1%) and added a little lemon juice. You can also use vinegar. Let it set long enough to curdle. 



Printable Version

Ingredients:
1 package yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup oil (I used Canola oil)
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon melted butter
Directions:
Sift dry ingredients. Add yeast, that has been dissolved in warm water, oil, and buttermilk. Knead 5 times. Pat out on floured surface and cut with biscuit cutter.
Bake 400 degrees - 15 minutes. 


No comments: