Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stuffed zucchini

http://prouditaliancook.blogspot.com/2010/05/tiny-tomatoes-big-taste.html   I found this on pinterest and thought since I was in Oregon with all this fresh produce, I would try it.  I thought maybe it needed to cook a little longer, but it was really amazing just like it was.








I used one zucchini for every two people for the side dish. Cut the zucchini in 1/2 lengthwise and trim a little off the bottom of each 1/2 so they zucchini will be flat on the baking sheet.  Scoop out a little of the center and brush with a mixture of extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.  Cut the baby tomatoes in 1/2, I used heirloom, and arrange them in the groves of the zucchini.  Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven a place diced fontina or mozzarella cheese on the top. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbling.  Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and parmesan cheese.

No comments: