Wednesday, November 23, 2011
1 large can of salmon (about 2 cups)
2 Tablespoons minced onion
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 tablespoon dry parsley
3 dashes tobasco
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 crackers - coarsely crumbled (I used about 1/2 cup of wheat germ instead)
juice and zest of 1 lemon
12 crackers crushed fine for coating the patties
(sometimes I also use wheat germ to coat the patties)
1. Remove bones and skin from salmon. flake
2. Add onion, dill, parsley, tobasco, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
3. Slightly beat 2 eggs, add to salmon mixture
4. Add wheat germ or 8 crackers to mixture, stir to combine
5. Add juice and zest of 1 lemon
6. Make patties 1/2 inch thick and 4" round. Dip both sides in fine crushed crackers, put on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
7. Fry in butter and canola oil.