Thursday, August 18, 2011

Peach, Argula, and Goat Cheese Salad

I do not remember where I got this recipe, but it is a winner.  When I make it next time, I will put the dressing on the salad and then add the grilled peaches and almonds.  It will look prettier. Jud and I didn't have any trouble eating the whole bowl.  It was great.



Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingsherry/peach-argula-and-goat-cheese-salad
Ingredients for the salad:
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Mix this together in a small bowl.
The recipe calls for 2 peaches cut in 1/2 and grill for 3 minutes. I only used one peach for Jud and me.
Add 1 pound argula
1 shallot
1 cup toasted almonds
basil
4 oz. goat cheese (I only used about 2 oz. and it was plenty)
Dressing:
In a blender add:
1/3 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup evoo
salt and pepper to taste
To put the salad together add argula to a large bowl. Dice 1 small shallot and add to the bowl of argula. Add basil. Pour a little of the dressing over the argula and mix well.  Cut the peach in slices and add on top of the argula. Then add the toasted almonds.

No comments: