Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Irene's Slush Punch

This is the punch that was made every year for our Christmas celebration at the Edwards'. This is Jud's mother's recipe. It is a tradition.  I freeze the base ahead of time and then take it out for the trip to Houston. By the time we get there it is ready to slush and add the ginger ale.  It is a delecious punch recipe that we love.  I made it this week for a bridal shower.








Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingsherry/irene-s-slush-punch

Ingredients for 2 large punch bowls.
1 quart of water
6 cups of sugar
1 bottle lemon juice (16 oz.)
1 can HiC orange drink
1 can Hi C pineapple drink
2 cans Hi C orange/pineapple
1 large can crushed pineapple (undrained)
1 jar marichino cherries (I don't use them because I don't like them)
2-4  (2 liters) of sprite, 7-up, or ginger ale. This depends on if you 1/2 the recipe.
1. Boil water and sugar until sugar is melted.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  I usually put it in two large containers with a lid. I've never kept it longer than 4 months, but there is really nothing that says you can't.
2. Two hours before serving set out and let slightly thaw.  Use a fork and start to slush.  Add ginger ale, sprite, or 7-up.
I usually freeze this in two containers.  You could 1/2 the recipe pretty easily by just adding the orange/pineapple drink and 1/2 the other ingredients.  When I make up the punch, I add one container of the punch to my punch bowl, and then I pour in 2 (2 liters) of ginger ale over the slush and stir.



No comments: