Friday, October 15, 2010

Mom's Meatloaf

This is a recipe that my mom used to make. After making your favorite meatloaf recipe, she would pour this sauce over the top. I decided to try my version of it.
Printable Recipe:

Ingredients for meatloaf:
1 pound ground meat
3/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced (Jud was making a soup that we had some carrots left over, so I tossed them in- I don't usually add carrots to this recipe but I can't stand to waste as you know.)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 of a small tomato sauce can (about a 5oz. can)
2 eggs
Mix together and put in a meatloaf pan or bread loaf pan
Cook at 350 degrees for 30 min. and then pour the following sauce over it and cook an additional 30 minutes.
Ingredients for sauce:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
Make a rough out of these two ingredients and then add
other 1/2 of the tomato sauce
and 1 can of tomatoes and 1/2 cup milk. Let thicken and then pour over meatloaf

No comments: