Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Angel Biscuits

This is a recipe I got from my Talk About Good Cookbook.  I have been making them for years. This time I tried a little variation.  You know me by now as the queen of trying something new.  I had some whole yogurt that I wanted to use-up, I can't stand to waste food. So I used that instead of the buttermilk.  I couldn't tell the difference. I cut them pretty thick because they don't rise much.


Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/angel-biscuits

Ingredients:
1 package yeast
1/2 cup warm water
3/4 cup oil, I used canola oil
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
1 Tablspoon butter
Sift dry ingredients. Add yeast, (that has been dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water), oil, and buttermilk. Knead 5 times. Roll out on floured surface and cut with buscuit cutter. Bake 400 degrees - 15 minutes.

No comments: