Monday, September 13, 2010

Chicken Perigourdine


I'm not at all sure why this is called Chicken Perigourdine. I guess I don't know what a perigourdine is. I do know this:  It is a great dish.  I made rice and steamed broccoli to go with this dish and it was wonderful. The chocolate cake on the right is one of Stacy's favorite cakes so I plan to freeze some of it and take it with me to Austin when baby Martyak is born. 


Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/chicken-perigourdine

Ingredients for Chicken Perigourdine:
1/2 cup butter8 chicken breasts
8 mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup flour
1 can chicken broth
2 Tablespoons light cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
Melt 6 Tablespoons butter in skillet. Add chicken breasts that have been salt and peppered. Cook over medium heat until browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside. Place remaining butter to skillet and saute mushrooms. I used a whole carton of mushrooms and I only had 2 chicken breasts. Remove mushrooms and stir in flour and salt. Stir until blended and add chicken broth and cream. Allow to thicken. Place chicken and mushrooms back in sauce and simmer covered 20 minutes.

Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/texas-sheet-cake

Ingredients for Chocolate Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
Melt 1 stick butter
1/2 cup shortening
and 4 Tablespoons cocoa  Bring to a boil and pour over flour and sugar
Add:
1 cup water
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes  I bake mine in an 11" X 15" baking sheet
Icing:
Melt 1/2 stick butter
1 box powdered sugar
1 teaspon vanilla
2 Tablespoons cocoa
milk to thin for spreading consistency
Pour the icing over the cake when it first comes out of the oven and spread a thin layer over the cake.

No comments: