Friday, April 2, 2010

Steve's Carrot Cake

This recipe was given to me by Merle Mitchell and it fast became my son-in-laws favorite cake. I make it for him on his birthday which is today.  Happy birthday Steve.  He has told me that if I ever think about making a different cake, don't.  We all love this cake and I think of Merle every time I make it.




Printable Recipe:https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/steve-s-carrot-cake
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 eggs
3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups grated carrots (I use the pre-packaged in the produce)
Mix all dry ingredients together. Add oil, eggs, vanilla and carrots. Mix well. Bake in 3 -9" or 8" pans in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Frosting:
1 cup chopped pecans (Some in my family don't like nuts so I leave them out)
1 box powdered sugar
1-8ounce package cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream cheese and butter. Add sugar, vanilla, and pecans if desired. Mix well.

No comments: