Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Roulade
Printable Version Ingredients:
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
1 clove garlic, crushed or grated
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped dry packed sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 chicken cutlets (about 4 oz. each) pounded thin
1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
1. Prepare spinach per package directions. Remove moisture so that you have about 1/2 cup of spinach.
2. Combine onion, garlic, red pepper flakes in 1 teaspoon of oil and 1 tablespoon water in a medium nonstick skillet. Turn heat to medium, when onions sizzle, turn heat to low, cover and cook, stirring once, until softened, about 3 minutes. In small bowl, stir together onion mixture, cheese, and spinach. Set skillet aside for step 5.
3. Sprinkle tomatoes evenly on chicken
4. Divide spinach mixture among the cutlets. Spread to edges of 3 sides, leaving about 1" at narrow tip free of spinach. Loosely roll up chicken, ending with narrow tip, and secure with wooden picks.
5. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium heat, turning until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add broth, cover, and cook over low heat about 7 minutes. Uncover and transfer roulades to serving platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
6. Boil juices in skillet until reduced to a glaze, about 5 minutes. The original recipe suggest slicing the roulades diagonally into inch thick pieces, and drizzling the glace over the meat. But I served them whole. We cut them at the table.