Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Ham and cheese breakfast muffins
1- 1 1/2 cups of ham, chopped fine
1/2 small onion
1/4 small green pepper (optional of course)
grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil (I used canola)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (this makes them puff up)
1. Chops ham and onions finely - place a little of the cooked ingredients in the bottom of each muffin hole
2. Add a little cheese to the top of the ham and onion mixture
3. Mix 8 eggs with milk, vegetable oil, and baking powder.
4. Pour this over the top of the muffin ingredients. If you wish, you can add a little cheese to the top. More cheese is always better.
5. Bake 425 degrees for 20 min. or until browned and puffed. Let rest for 15 minutes before taking them out of the muffin tins. When completely cooled, store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.