Monday, February 9, 2015

Vegetable Korma

I forgot to take a picture so the one on the left is from the internet.  The one on the right is left-overs the next day.  There wasn't as much juice left, so the one on the left looks more like what it should look like.


  We have friends visiting us that are vegetarians, so I am always looking for a new recipe.  My daughter is a great cook, so I called her and she gave me this recipe.  I liked it very much, but Jud is a meat and potato kind of guy and didn't love it.  Our friends both loved it, so I am happy. 3 out of 4 isn't bad and Jud didn't hate it.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 teaspoons garam masala ( spice) I found it on the bulk isle and paid $.06 for 2 teaspoons
1 cup frozen peas or edamame
1 potato/ sweet potato/ butternut squash  ( pick one or use a combo (peeled and diced)
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
3 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup green beans
basmati rice
Directions:
1.  Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté for 2 minutes.
2.  Add 1 tablespoon ginger and garlic; Saute' for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
3.  Stir in tomato paste and garam masala; sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in edamame/peas and potato/squash.
4. Combine yogurt, almonds, and coconut milk, stirring until smooth. Add creamy mixture to pan, and bring to a boil Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes.
5.  Add 3-4 cups cauliflower and 1 cup green beans. Simmer for 9 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over basmati rice.


I also made Naan: Indian Flat Bread. You can find it Here

No comments: