Thursday, February 12, 2015

Apricot-Mustard Baked Chicken

This is a recipe that I have had in my recipe file for a while. This was before I started my blog and didn't know that I would ever need to know where I got it.  It was good, but not great.  I usually toss a recipe unless I really liked it. So this one is going in the trash after I copy it onto my blog.





Ingredients:
6-8 skin-on chicken pieces (thighs or drumsticks, rinsed and patted dry)  I used chicken  tenders
Salt and pepper
3/4 cup apricot jam
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
1/4 cup water
Leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place chicken in a rimmed cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake 10 minutes.  While chicken is baking, whisk jam, mustard, water, thyme, salt and pepper in s saucepan over low heat for 3 minutes.  Pull chicke out of the oven and pour sauce on top.  Bake 15 minutes longer. Then turn the oven to boil and place the chicken under the broiler for3-5 minutes on top rack so it is golden and crispy.
 

 


No comments: