This is from Once Upon a Chef and you can find the recipe Here
It is a great recipe, but you have to be careful not to burn the chicken. If you don't want to make your own Honey Mustard sauce, just buy some at the grocery store. I have just copied the recipe from her website.
For Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1-1/4 cups pecans
- 1-1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
For Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place the pecans in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped (go easy -- you don't want a paste). Add the panko, 1-1/4 teaspoon salt, sugar and cayenne pepper and pulse a few more times to combine. The panko should be broken down slightly but not finely ground.
- Set up three large shallow dishes in an assembly line. Place the flour in the first dish; beat the eggs in the second dish; and place the pecan/panko mixture in the third dish. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to hold the breaded tenders, and place at the end of the assembly line.
- Season the chicken tenders with the remaining teaspoon salt. Working with one tender at a time: dredge first in the flour, shaking off any excess; dip in the egg to coat evenly; and then dredge in the pecan/panko mixture, pressing down to make the coating adhere. Try to use one hand for the dry breading (the flour and pecan/panko mixture) and one hand for the wet (the eggs) -- otherwise, your hands will end up a mess. Place the breaded tender on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining tenders.
- Heat about 1/8-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. While the oil heats up, line another baking sheet with paper towels (this is for the finished tenders — the paper towels will absorb any excess oil).
- When the oil starts to shimmer, add half of the chicken tenders and cook for a few minutes on the first side until golden brown. Using tongs, flip the tenders and cook until the second side is also golden, 1-2 minutes Adjust the heat as necessary so the tenders don't burn. Transfer the cooked tenders to the prepared baking sheet. Discard the oil, wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel, and then repeat with the remaining tenders.
- Make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, mustard and honey in a small bowl. Serve alongside chicken tenders.