Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pecan Chicken

I found this in my recipe box and I cut it out of the paper. It says that the source is Nancy Leonard, Big Valley Orchards/Knight Ridder.

We really like it on Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells. I used them the two nights ago and forgot to take a picture. So today I toasted some hamburger buns and put it over them. Love this recipe. Great way to use left-over rotisserie chicken.
Italic is what I do;  normal is like the recipe states.
Printable Version

Ingredients:
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
3 teaspoons chicken bouillon (granules or powder)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
Hot toast, biscuits, or Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells, for serving.
Whole pecans, for garnish (optional)
Method:

Melt butter and mix in bouillon. At this point I cooked my celery for about 2 minutes just to soften it.  It is probably not necessary, especially is you like the crunch. Blend in flour and poultry seasoning. Gradually add milk and lemon juice; cook over medium heat , stirring constantly, until thickened.
Stir in celery, chopped pecans, and chicken and cook 2-3 minutes. Serve over hot toast, biscuits or Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells and garnish with whole pecans, if using.

Note from Author:  Makes 4-5 servings. Approximate nutritional values per serving, based on 4 servings: 520 calories, 39 g fat, 16 g carbohydrate, 28 g protein, 131 mg cholestrol, 641 mg sodium, 2 g dietary fiber.

No comments: