Thursday, June 5, 2014

Crab Cakes

I did not make these as sliders like the recipe but Here is the link.
I will print how I made the recipe because I cut the recipe in 1/2 for the two of us.  It made 4 nice patties.






Printable Version
Ingredients:
8 oz crab meat (get the best you can afford)
1/4 red bell pepper, small diced
2 scallions, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon lemon, juiced
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/8 cup mayonnaise
1 medium egg
1 teaspoon Worcstershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash cayenne pepper
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine all crab cake ingredients. Mix ingredients with your hands. Shape into small patties and place on a plate and refrigerate until ready to cook. ( Can be made 1 day ahead). When ready to cook crab cakes, drizzle about 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, 4-5 minutes per side. Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on the other side until golden brown, another 4 minutes.  I made tartar sauce to have with my crabcakes, but I'm sure the spicy mayo would be great.

No comments: