Thursday, June 19, 2014

Coconut Curried Chicken

I know you will be surprised to hear that I did not make this according to the recipe.  You can find that recipe Here. They use the microwave to cook this. I used the stove-top. The following will be how I made it.





Ingredients:
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1 T. tomato paste (I forgot this in my recipe)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons curry powder (The recipe calls for 2 Tablespoons)
1/2 cup canned light coconut milk (I used the whole can)
1 small onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Method:
1. Pour canola or vegetable oil into skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, curry powder, garlic, onion, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Cook until almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
2. Add coconut milk and tomato paste and cook until sauce is slightly thickened and the chicken is cooked through.




No comments: