Monday, January 20, 2014

Chicken in Creamy Tomato Sauce

Some day I will learn to write where I got a recipe.  None of the recipes are my own creation. but when I was collecting recipes, I never dreamed I would be writing a blog and needed to know where I got the recipe.  I had some left-over uncooked fresh tortellini in the refrigerator and used it with this dish.  I just put the cooked pasta on the bottom, added a chicken breast and then spooned some sauce over the whole thing.





Printable Version

Ingredients:
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1- 15oz can tomatoes
3 Tablespoons mascarpone cheese
Handful of fresh basil,
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts. Brown chicken breasts over high heat in 3 T. olive oil. Cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove chicken breasts- Does not have to be cooked through. Turn heat to medium/low and add onion and garlic.  After two minutes, stir in tomatoes and simmer 10-15 minutes. Stir in mascarpone and basil. Add chicken back to the pan immersing in sauce. Place the chicken in the oven and bake uncovered 20 minutes, flipping 1/2 way through the cooking process.

No comments: