Friday, March 8, 2013

Melt-in-your-Mouth Salmon Fillets with Convection Oven

I finally got to use my convection oven.  If you have a
conventional oven, just check it after 10 min. at 450
 degrees.  I have been trying to make salmon, because
I know it is good for us, for years, and this is the first
time that we actually liked my salmon.  I usually just
order it at a restaurant. Now I know I can do it. Yea!
I think one of the keys to the success is a very hot oven.
The other key is not to overcook it. The following is the
site where I found this recipe.  melt-in-your-mouth salmon


Printable Version

Ingredients:
5 salmon fillets (skin left on one side) ( I used Sockeye salmon)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (or as needed)
2 teaspoons dried dill weed (or to taste)
2 teaspoons lemon pepper (or to taste)
seasoning salt (to taste)
lemon wedges
Directions:
1. Wash the salmon well under cold water then pat dry using paper towels.
2. In a bowl mix together mayonnaise with dried dill and lemon pepper until combined.
I didn't have dill weed or lemon pepper so I grated a little lemon zest and pepper into the mayonnaise mixture instead of lemon pepper.  I substituted a pinch of Itallian seasoning and a pinch of fresh rosemary diced fine for the dill weed.
Using a bnrush coat all sides of the salmon fillets generously with mayonnaise
4. Place a well-greased rack into a greased baking dish and set the salmon (skin-side down) onto the rack
5. Sprinkle the top of the fillets with seasoning salt.
6. At this point you can cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
7. Set the convection oven to heat at 425 degrees (must be a hot oven)
8. Bake the salmon for 5 min. then turn off the heat and let rest in the oven for 2 minutes. (do not turn the salmon. The recipe says to cook for 20 minutes, but we checked it at 5 min. and it was almost done.
9. Serve the cooked fillets with lemon wedges.


No comments: