Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cranberry Orange Nut Loaf

O.K. I have officially lost it.  I inherited a combination
 convection/conventional oven.  I was so excited , but
couldn't find any recipes for a convection oven.  I went
to the library and checked out a book with this recipe in it.
I bought all the stuff, put it together, and placed it in the oven.
As was my habit, I turned on the convectional oven.  Oh well,
I'll try it again. This was an awesome  recipe that I will try again.
If you use  a conventional oven, be sure to cook it longer. 


Printable Recipe  Cranberry Orange Nut Loaf    






Ingredients:
1 large egg - room temperature
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons orange zest
Preheat convection oven to 400 degrees
Add flour, sugar, cranberries, walnuts, baking powder, and salt. Toss to combine. (Take out 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture.)  Make a well in the flour mixture.  In a separate bowl, mix sour cream, water, melted butter, orange zest, and egg. Whisk to combine and add in the well of flour mixture. Mix until combined. Transfer to a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Top with 2 tablespoons of saved flour mixture. Lay shiny side of aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray over top, loosely. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10-20 minutes longer.                                                                                 

No comments: