Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chicken Perigourdine

This is a really easy dish that only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.  I cut this recipe in 1/2, but I used a whole carton of mushrooms.  We love mushrooms, and they wern't wasted. I will write the recipe how I got it, and then put my measurements in italics.  I just realized that I already have this recipe on my blog.  I have heard that when you hit 60 you start repeating yourself.  Get ready.






Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (3 T)
8 chicken breasts (3)
8 mushrooms, sliced (1 pound)
1/3 cup flour
1 can chicken broth
2 Tablespoons light cream (I used 1/2 and 1/2)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Method:
Melt butter in skillet. Add chicken breasts and cook over medium heat until browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside. Place remaining butter in skillet (I did not add extra butter) and saute' mushrooms. Remove mushrooms and stir in flour and salt. I left the mushrooms in the skillet and added the flour to the mushrooms. Stir until blended and add chicken broth and cream. Allow to thicken. Place chicken and mushrooms in sauce and simmer covered 20 minutes.

No comments: