Thursday, March 29, 2012
4 (5oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1- 1/2 tablespoons each, butter and olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
4 tomato slices
1/4 cup reduced-fat Swiss Cheese
4 cups fresh baby spinach
slices of fresh avocado
1. Place chicken breasts between double layer of plastic wrap. Pound, with meat mallet, to 1/4-inch thickness.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in mixture.
3. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet; add chicken and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings in pan.
4. Add garlic to hot skillet and saute for 1 minbute. Stir in broth, wine, and lemon juice. Looseng browned particles in skillet; bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Add the zest on top of each chicken breast, reduce heat and top each chicken breast with swiss cheese and a tomato slice. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Place 1 cup spinach on each plate; spoon chicken and sauce over spinach and serve. (Spinach will wilt when covered with hot chicken.)
5. Remove chicken from skillet and top with avocado if desired.