Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Grazed Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
Printable Version Ingredients for Cookies:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1`/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Icing:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy and lightened in color
3. Mix in egg, then once incorporated, add in vanilla extract.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt, then gradually add dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Fold in melted chocolate until just combined.
6. Using a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, drop small spoonfuls of dough onto lined baking sheets.
7. Place baking sheet in oven and bake cookies for 9-10 minutes, or until just set on the outside, but still soft inside. (it took mine 9 min.)
8. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
9. While cookies are baking, make your icing by mixing butter, milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract together in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
10. Once melted and smooth, remove saucepan from heat and stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
11. Pour or drizzle icing over cooled cookies and let set.