Saturday, August 22, 2015
Classic Stuffed Shells
I made two of these. Shared one and ate one. This recipe was on the back of the H.E.B. Jumbo Shells. I added the ground meat.
1 pkg (12 oz.) H.E.B. Jumbo Shells 2 Tablespoons Chili Sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped onion 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 clove garlic, minced 1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 (12oz.) cans Tomato Juice 1 (16 oz.() container Ricotta Cheese
1 (6oz.) can Tomato Paste 2 eggs, beaten
1 pound ground meat
3 cups (12oz. ) shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon dried Parsley Flakes
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook Jumbo Shells as package directs, drain, Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook ground meat in a medium skillet while shells are cooking. Cook until browned.
3. Add onions and garlic. Cook until tender. Stir in next 6 ingredients, simmer 10 min., uncovered, stirring occasionally.
3. Blend Ricotta cheese and eggs in medium bowl. Stir in 2 cups Mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley flakes, seasoned salt and pepper.
4. Pour 1/2 of the tomato sauce into a 13"X 9" baking dish. Fill shells evenly with Ricotta mixture. Place in baking dish.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot.