Thursday, April 23, 2015

Boiled Shrimp


When I was growing-up, my dad would catch shrimp in the nets and mom would boil them and put a huge pot in the middle of the table.  This was one of my favorite food memories.  We had to peel our own shrimp, and if you didn't learn to peel fast, you would miss out.
Ingredients:
1 pound shrimp-- I peeled and deviened the shrimp . (Aren't I nice)
1/4 cup Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil
Method:
Bring a pot of water to a boil and add seasoning and shrimp. Let boil for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat and let sit for at least 5 minutes.  If you don't add the Crawfish boil, just boil the shrimp for 5 minutes and then take the shrimp out and serve.
Red Sauce:
1/3 cup Ketshup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, or to taste
Method:
Stir all ingredients together and dip each shrimp in as you eat.

No comments: