Monday, January 12, 2015

Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce

My daughter told me about this sauce. It is usually made to go on steak, but it was awesome on the salmon.  This will certainly become a staple in our refrigerator.






Chimichurri Sauce  Ingredients:  Find the recipe Here
1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems
 3-4 small garlic cloves
2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (can substitute 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
I added 1/4 teaspoon dried dill and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.  I thought it would be a nice addition for the fish.  I was right.  I love when that happens. 
Method: Add parsley, fresh oregano, and garlic to the food processor. While food processor is going add the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add dill and mustard if desired. Serve immediately. Can refrigerate for 1-2 days. Return to room temperature to serve.

I left the salmon on the counter to get to room temperature while I made the chimichurri sauce. Then I salt and peppered both sides of the fish. Add 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to a skillet, I used my cast iron skillet. When it gets hot, medium high, cook it on each side about 3 minutes, depending on how done you like your fish.

No comments: