Thursday, May 29, 2014

Chicken Club Wraps

Jud was at Starbucks working on a writing assignment and I decided to go to the library to look for a book and look at some magazines while there. I found this recipe Here.  I discovered that I could just type in the recipe title and find it online. Then I could print it out. Much better than taking my recipe cards and writing while at the library.  Who knew!  Well, I guess just about everyone probably knew. I'm a little slow. This is a keeper.  I added some basil to the recipe. I also didn't have Greek yogurt so I used light sour cream.

Printable Version Ingredients:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed--Jud had grilled some chicken for Memorial Day and we had some left over, so I used that.
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 tablespoons minced onion--I used scallions
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
8 large leaves red or green leaf lettuce
4 - 10-inch flour tortillas
Method:
1. Preheat grill to medium-high
2. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken, turning once or twice, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees F, 15-18 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let cool for 5 minutes.
3. Whisk yogurt, vinegar, onion, oil, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl along with tomato, avocado, and bacon; toss to combine.
4. To assemble the wraps, place 2 lettuce leaves on each tortilla and top with the chicken salad. Roll up like a burrito.

No comments: