Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Herb and Goat Cheese Casserole

This was adapted from an epicurious.com recipe: Herb and Goat Cheese Omelet  I knew that I didn't want to be in the kitchen making omelets for my guests, so Jud and I came up with this recipe.
I cooked my scrambled eggs and hash brown potatoes a little before putting them in the casserole dish.  This served 4 nicely.



Ingredients:
8 eggs-- scrambled with salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes ( I placed mine in the cast iron skillet that had been sprayed
with cooking spray and placed them in a 400 degree oven, turning them every 5 min. for about 15 min.)
1/2 can of cream of chicken soup (you could certainly use cream of mushroom or cream of asparagus)
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1-4oz. package goat cheese
Directions
1. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray
2. Spray skillet with cooking spray and place a thin layer of frozen hash brown potatoes in the bottom of the      skillet. Place in a 400 degree oven, turning every 5 minutes for 15 minutes.
3. Scramble the eggs-- You can leave it a little runny because they will cook in the casserole pan. Mine were     pretty-well cooked through.
4. Place the hash browns in the bottom of the prepared baking dish
5. Place the scrambled eggs on top of the hash browns
6. Spread the cream of chicken soup over the top of the eggs
7. Spread the grated cheddar on top of the soup
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Take out and put dollops  goat     cheese on top. I put 4 dollops because I was serving 4 people.
9. Put back in the oven for about 5 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy!
The following is the link to the cinnamon rolls that are in the picture.

overnight cinnamon rolls

No comments: