Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hot Pockets

I found a recipe in the Austin paper for hot pockets filled with pimento cheese and thought we might like that for lunch one day.  I happen to have some extra cheese on hand so I decided to make them.  Before leaving to walk, I mixed the dough and let it rise while we were doing our morning walk. When we got home, I made them into hot pockets and then baked them when we were ready to eat.  It made 6 so we will have the other 3 sometime later this week.  You could fill them with anything that you like.


Ingredients:
1 package yeast
2 1/2 - 2 3/4 cup flour
1 cup warm water
Method:
Mix 1 package yeast with the 2 1/2 cups flour. Stir in water.  Make into a ball and let rise for at least 2 hours.  Roll out and make 6 circles.  Fill with your favorite pimento cheese, ham and cheese, egg and sausage or egg and bacon. Use additional flour to roll. I just made a little indention in the ball of dough and filled with the cheese. Then I folded the dough around the pimento cheese to make a roll. Make sure it is sealed well.   Bake 350 degrees for 15-20 min. until golden brown. Next time, I will add a little salt to the dough.

No comments: