Saturday, April 27, 2013

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies











I found this recipe on Pinterest, but I didn't write where I got it.  I tried typing in Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I couldn't find the one I used.  The author uses organic when possible, I did not.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter - softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups rolled oats
6 ounces chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Combine sugars and butter in a large bowl. Beat until creamy. There wasn't enough butter for it to be real creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, and baking soda. Mix well. Add peanut butter and mix. Sir in oats, chocolate chips, and nuts. Place dough by heaping teaspoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light gold on the edges. Makes approximately 48 cookies. When I took them out of the oven, they were to soft to get up with the spatula.  I had to let them cool about 5 minutes before I was able to move them to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments: