Thursday, August 30, 2012

Monterey Chicken

When Jud grills chicken, I usually have him grill some extra so I can have a quick easy meal like this one at my fingertips. I found this on one of the people I follow on pinterest. 
 Monterey Chicken  As usual, I changed the recipe because I didn't have the rotel tomatoes.  Her picture looks so good, I will try that next time, but this was great.  I'll report it how she made it and give my changes in (  ).


Printable Version:  Monterey Chicken

Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup bacon bits
1 cup colby cheese, shredded
1 - 14oz can Rotel tomatoes (I used a sliced tomato)
sliced green onions
avocado (my addition)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out chicken breasts and grill .  We marinate our chicken for several hours in Italian Dression. Top each cooked chicken breast with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, green onions, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup rotel tomatoes. Place in oven and bake until cheese melts. This is such a winner. I love easy meals that I can put together quickly.   http://kimmccrary.blogspot.com/2010/05/perfect-day.html

No comments: