Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chicken in Basil Cream

The cheese grits are from a recipe I got from Stacy and I have posted it before.  cheese grits
 Chicken in Basil Cream Sauce  This is a recipe that I got from pinterest.  I had some left-over grilled chicken and some left-over grilled pork tenderloin. Neither were enough for Jud and I, so I used both.  We decided that the grilled pork was even better than the chicken. I only took a picture with the chicken. I decided to cut the chicken in strips and put it over the cheese grits. Then I poured the sauce over it all.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, 4 halves
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
1 can (4 oz) pimento; sliced
1/4 cup basil; fresh, minced
1/2 cup Parmesan; grated
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Method:
1. Heat skillet over medium high heat
2. Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
3. Dip chicken in milk, and then coat with crumbs
4. Add chicken to skillet with 1/2 of the butter and cook about 5 minutes
5. Add remaining butter, flip chicken and cook another 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
6. Remove chicken and keep warm.
7. Add broth to skillet, bring to boil over medium heat to remove food bits.
8. Stir in cream, and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 minute.
9. Reduce heat, add Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
10. Serve chicken with sauce poured over.
Since I already had the chicken cooked, I only did 7-10 in the directions. I cut the recipe in 1/2.

No comments: