Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jud's special sandwich

Jud has been making these special sandwiches for years. We had a tomato from our garden and after a 2 1/2 hour walk decided that these would be great.  My mom gave me two pieces of advice before I got married. I broke one of her rules today.  She said, "Never learn to do anything that your husband can do, because then it becomes your job."  Well we will see if I have to start making these sandwiches now that I have proved that I know how to make them.

Method:  Toast four slices of bread.  Take the first two slices of toasted bread and place cheese on both sides.  Place them on a oven-proof pan and broil until the cheese melts.  While the cheese is melting take the other two pieces of toasted bread and spread with mayonnaise.  Layer meat, tomato, avocado, and lettuce if desired.  Place the cheese piece on top and enjoy.

The other piece of advice was to put things like these sandwiches in your recipe file because as you are going through your recipes you will see it, even though it is easy, and decide to make it.

No comments: