Thursday, December 23, 2010

Salmon Croquettes

We love salmon croquettes at our house and I usually have a small can of salmon in my pantry.  I use the 7.5 oz can. I have used some of my favorite recipes and combined it to make it my own.  Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.




Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingsherry/salmon-croquettes

Ingredients:
1 small can (7.5 oz) of salmon ( open the can and remove the bones that are down the middle)
1 Tablespoon diced onion
zest of 1/2 lemon
1 egg
1/4 cup  wheat germ + extra for coating the cakes.
Method:
Open the can of salmon and remove the bones that are in the salmon.  Add zest of 1/2 lemon, egg, onion, and wheat germ.
Add about 2/3 cup of wheat germ to a pan and coat each side of the cake with wheat germ.  This is a weight-watchers recipe and I really like it just as well as using the panco bread crumbs.  I cook the cakes in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes and then turn them over and cook another 5 min.

Roasted Asparagus
Cut the hard end off the asparagus and coat with extra virgin olive oil.  Use your hands to make sure each asparagus is coated.  Salt and pepper each asparagus. Put in a broiler pan and bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees.  Sometimes, I like to bundle about 5 asparagus together and wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around them.

No comments: