Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chicken with Pesto Cream

I happened to be watching Robin Miller while I was getting dressed today and saw the end of this dish. It looked so good, I just had to go get the recipe. She makes hers with Sole, but I had chicken and decided that it would be great with chicken. I was right. This is a winner. I will definitely make this again.



Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingsherry/chicken-with-pesto-cream

Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts w/o skin
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup prepared basil pesto]1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 cup rice, regular or instant, cooked according to package directions
ground paprika
Method:
Using a heavy-duty freezer bag, pound the chicken breasts until they are flat and even thickness all over.
Season both sides of chicken with salt and black pepper. I also put the paprika on at this point. I like the color that it gives. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. In a medium bowl, whisk together heavy cream, pesto, and lemon zest. Add mixture to pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer 2 minutes, until sauce thickens. Transfer rice to a serving platter. Top the rice with fish and spoon sauce over the top. Sprinkle paprika over top just before serving.

I did not make the rice today, but I'm sure it would be delicious.  I had some other sides that I needed to use.

No comments: