Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yeast Rolls

My mom used to make these for every Sunday School party that she attended. She would make up 5 pounds of flour into rolls and put them in a cooler to keep warm for the party. She often complained that no one wanted her to bring anything else, but I think she secretly loved it and couldn't figure out why other people didn't make homemade bread. I think of my mom with fond memories whenever I cook. She definately gave me the gift of loving to cook and eat food.
I mix 1 package of yeast and 3 Tablespoons of warm water in a blender. Let sit until dissolved
Add:
2  eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
Blend ingredients and then add 1 cup of hot water. Blend
To a large bowl add 4 1/2 cups of flour and liquid mixture. Knead at least 5 minutes on a floured surface. Place in a clean bowl that has been oiled and allow to rise double. Punch down and let rise again. Make into rolls and let rise to double. Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes.

No comments: