Mushroom Gravy Smothered Pork ChopsIngredients:
6-8 large pork chops, bone in 1½
2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 tbsp of ground sage (I usually don't measure this out I just go by taste)
2 (10 oz.) cans reduced sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Season the pork chops with sage and ground pepper.
3. Coat the chops with the bread crumbs making sure that all sides are covered.
4. Heat some vegetable oil in a large pan.
5. Once the oil is hot enough (Med. Heat) fry up the chops so that they are browned on each side.
6. Once browned lay the pork chops on a baking sheet lined with a couple layers of paper towel to help remove any excess fat.
7. Once they have all been browned and set on the paper towel lay them in a large rectangular baking dish or casserole dish. It's fine if the pork chops overlap some.
8. In a large measuring cup or mixing bowl combine the condensed soup with the milk. Make sure it's well combined.
9. Pour the sauce evenly over the chops.
10. Bake the chops in the oven covered with aluminum foil for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Recipe by Dishes and Dust Bunnies at http://dishesanddustbunnies.com /m ushroom gravysm otheredporkchops