Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hummus

We really enjoy eating hummus in the afternoon for a snack.  We have gone to eating two meals a day with a snack around 3:00 p.m. This is one of the hummus recipes that I make. I read recently that if you want a smoother hummus, you peel the garbanzo beans. I have started doing this even though it is a little more trouble.




In a blender or food processor add the garbanzo beans that have been rinsed and peeled. This is where you can get creative.  Sometimes I add 1 roasted red pepper. This particular recipe has 3 roasted garlic cloves and 3 sun dried tomatoes in oil.  Pulse until well incorporated then add olive oil until you get the consistency you are looking for.  I blended a few sun dried tomatoes in a coffee grinder that I use for spices to put on the top.  Just before serving, you can add a little extra olive oil.

No comments: