Friday, December 19, 2014

Overnight Pumpkin-Pecan Waffles

I found this recipe on pinterest and knew I needed to try it.  I love waffles and pumpkin is right at the top of my favorite flavors. I thought the texture was not as good as my mom's recipe.  You can find that recipe here









Ingredients:
1/2 cup warm water
1 package of active dry yeast
1 cup milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 cups all purpose flour
2 large eggs
2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
Maple syrup
Method:
1. Combine warm water and yeast in a large bowl, let stand until slightly foamy, about 15 minutes.
2. Heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter melts. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and pumpkin puree.
3. Add pumpkin mixture to bowl with yeast, then whisk in the flour until combined. Cover and let stand overnight at room temperature. Batter may be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days
4. Preheat waffle iron. Whisk eggs into risen batter then fold in the pecans. Make waffle according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve with syrup. 
* On the first waffle (pictured), I forgot to put in the pecans so I just added them after the waffle was cooked.  The rest I added a few to each waffle as I cooked them.

No comments: