Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pecan Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I didn't realize how much I substitute in recipes until I started this blog. One reason I love cooking so much is that you can put your own twist on recipes to make them your own.  I didn't have apples, and didn't want to go to the grocery store, so I substitutes some pear jam that my neighbor gave me.  I probably made it a little sweeter than the apples, but it also gave it some moisture that it seemed to need.

Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/pecan-stuffed-chicken-breast
Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, at least 1 inch thick
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup minced scallions
1/2 cup apples, minced
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons olive oil
-------------------------------
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 bay leaf
Directions:
Make a pocket in each breast by cutting horizontally straight to  but not cutting through.
Combine all other ingredients except stock, wine, and bay leaf. Mix well. Divide the mixture among the breasts, filling each pocket with as much stuffing as it will confortably hold. Place the breasts in a greased baking dish large enough to hold them in one layer. Pour the stock and wine over them and add the bay leaf. Cover with aluminum foil and bake about 1 hour at 350 degrees. Serve with cooking juices spooned over.

No comments: